To see the “
To Prepare – Be Ready – Be Utilized in Ministry (1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:)
To reach souls through the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the
To reach souls for Christ - Inside the Church, Outside the Church, in the Community and Beyond! (Mark 16:16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.)
The ministry in the Permian Basin was started with the vision of Bishop A.C. and Lady Lore Taylor in the mid 1990's. Many souls were won to the Kingdom of God and the ministry expanded to three area locations (Odessa, Midland and Kermit, Texas). In April 2007 the ministry in this area was placed under the stewardship of Elders E.M. & Stephanie Jackson (Executive Pastors) as Bishop A.C. & Lady Lore Taylor ventured in vision to church plant in San Antonio, Texas which has also birth another ministry with churches "Scripture Fellowship" in San Antonio & Killeen Texas. In Sep 2008 Bishop A.C. Taylor installed Elders E.M. & Lady S.R. Jackson as Senior & Co-Pastors of Inner City Tabernacle and giving the full responsibility of the area ministry. The ministry in the Permian Basin now know as "Inner City Tabernacle of Life Ministries" is growing and the Lord continues to bless and is taking it to next dimension!
What We Believe
- We believe the scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation of mankind, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life (II Tim 3:16)
- We believe that there is one true God and has been manifested in the Father, son and Holy Ghost and his name is Jesus. (1 Tim 3:16, John 10:30, John 14:18).
- We believe that Jesus having being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the scriptures. Further, He arose in bodily form from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate (Mark 16:19; Hebrews 7:24-25; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23)
- We believe that man was created good and upright – for God said, “Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness”, “but man by voluntary transgression fell and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.” (
Gen 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Rom 5:12-21)
- We believe that mankind was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through the acceptance of the salvation offered by Jesus Christ and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit is salvation and spiritual life obtained. We further believe that salvation is by the grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and not of the works of righteousness that we have done. (I John 3:4; Romans 3:28, 6:23; James 1:15; Romans 5:12-14, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3)
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and his resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are born of the Holy spirit, and who become the children of God (I John 1:12-13; I John 5:4-6).
- The Lord’s Supper, consisting on the elements, bread and fruit of the vine, is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 peter 1:4); a memorial of His suffering and death, and a prophecy of His coming (1 Cor 11:26); and is enjoined on all believers “until He comes”
- We believe that water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Lord’s Supper (Communion) are the ordinances to be observed by the church. They are, however not to be regarded as means of salvation. (Matthew 3:13-15; Romans 6:3-5; Acts 2:37-39: Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 10:16)
- We believe the Baptism of the believers in the Holy Ghost is witnessed by the physician sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance (Acts 2:4). The speaking in tongues in this instance, is the same in essence as the gift of tongues (1 Cor 12:4, 10, 28), but different in purpose and use. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age bring conviction in the hearts of mankind, regenerate the believing sinner; indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service. (John 15:26; 16:7-14, I Tim 3:16)
- We believe that the Body of Christ is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together as one body, of which Jesus Christ is the head. (Hebrews 11: Acts 26:18; and I John 5:4-6)
- We believe that Jesus is the Lord and Head over the local church and that each church has under the leadership of Christ, to govern and decide its own affairs (Colossians 1:15-20)
- We believe in the personal, imminent secondary coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to present us faultless before the presence of the Father, to cause our mortal bodies to become immortal and to forever bring us to be with our Father in heaven. (Jude 24:1, I Corinthians 15:1, I Thessalonians 5)